Wednesday, July 19, 2017

General Update - HistoriCon, Blood & Plunder, and 3D Printer

Hello all!  Well, believe it or not, I've been very busy!  I'll have several updates posting after this one and through the weekend.

HistoriCon

HistoriCon 2017 happened this past weekend.  While I've always wanted to go it just have never worked out.  June is normally a very busy month for me so it is hard to get away to the east coast for an extended weekend (and KublaCon in the San Francisco bay area is at the end of May).

Now, while I didn't attend this year - my "brother from another mother" Mr. Ivor Evans (Saturday Mornings blog) was there running is awesome pulp game (pictures below with link).  Pictures are from the Lair of the Uber Geek blog ... check out his excellent HistoriCon reports here.

Ivor's game - picture from the Lair of the Uber Geek blog

Ivor's game - picture from the Lair of the Uber Geek blog

Ivor, being the most awesome dude on the planet - acted in abstentia on my behalf ... and picked up the special edition HistoriCon miniature for Blood and Plunder from the Firelock Games booth for me (miniature was free with purchase).  He also was super kind to pack me some more surprises - special edition HistoriCon figures!!  What a guy!!!

HistoriCon figures!

Convention special miniatures giveaway for Firelock
Games, with purchase of course!

David S. also has posted some excellent photos from the event as well ... I recommend check those out:  Wed photos, Thurs photos, Friday photos, and Saturday photos.

Blood & Plunder - No Peace Beyond the Line

First up - a big congratulations to Firelock Games on their outstanding and epic Blood and Plunder, No Peace Beyond the Line Kickstarter!  922 backers pledged $226,783!!


Every single stretch goal has been unlocked!  Personally I've pledged a small fortune as they kept adding things I wanted.  I'll have a ton of stuff coming in March (if they deliver on schedule).

Stretch goals ... all unlocked ... whoot!!

I'm really looking forward to getting everything from this Kickstarter.  Although my pirate collection has just begun, it is already progressing to completion of the first wave quickly.  My target is to run a game at CabinCon on the labour day weekend here in the US (first weekend of September).  Certainly an aggressive schedule, but I'll be pushing for that objective.  We'll see how far I get.  Fingers crossed!

3D Printer!

YES!!  I have a FireForge Creator Pro 3D printer ... oh man ... the possibilities!!!  Right now I'm busy printing on endless Vauban fort parts for a shore battery/fort position for my pirate games ... ooo ... sexy!  My next post will cover this is much more detail ... about half written at the moment.  I'll be giving you all an idea of what it takes to get into 3D printing of terrain for your miniature wargames ... hopefully for any of you looking to try it out it will save you some pain.

Print in progress ... next post will show completed prints.

That is it for the moment ... Wednesday is beer night ... so off to the pub to raise a glass or 20!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out my friend! Lots of great tables at Historicon this year, simply amazing stuff.
    Can't wait to see what you do with the 3D printer :) Already off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor!! Yes ... impressive tables!! 3D printer has been running for 30 hours straight :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow! A 3D printer! How our hobby has advanced over the years in such a short time. Looking forward to see what you create with it.

    Cheers
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... excited for the possibilities. Thanks Kevin!! :-)

      Delete
  3. Flashforge? 3d printing is exciting stuff, and it looks like the print pictured is coming out very smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really impressed with it ... hopefully finishing up the 3D printing post later tonight :-)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - I've finished the main part of the fortification - very happy with the results.

      Delete