Thursday, September 15, 2016

Modern Canadians Have Shipped Out!

Just a quick update today.  I've received shipping confirmation from Full Battle Rattle Miniatures that my modern Canadian infantry platoon has shipped out to me!!  Very excited to bring the Canadian Army to the tabletop.  This was what I was waiting for to put in the "final push" to get all the vehicles done.


I expect to have the Canadians fighting in the modern European theater by November, if not sooner.  This will round out my plan to build Russians, French, and Canadians.  Roy Scaife is doing USMC, British, and Russian airborne forces - which covers all the bases except for the Germans.  I know Empress Miniatures is working on modern Germans to add to their already large and excellent line of miniatures, so when they eventually get released those will get added into the mix as well.

For anyone looking at modern Canadians, head over to Full Battle Rattle Miniatures and gets yours now before they sell out!

12 comments:

  1. Very happy that the Canadians have some figs in 28mm now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They are going straight to the painting queue :-)

      Delete
  2. My order shipped as well, and I suspect it is sitting at my post office to collect. It's nice having Canadian wargaming companies, since I get to dodge the customs fees.

    Haven't decided how to paint them yet. Could do them up in Arid CADPAT for late A'Stan operations or a mix with Temperate for the ~2006-2009 period or full Temperate for Europe / Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'll be doing mine up in the CANPAT regular green for Europe. Hopefully it comes out good :-)

      Delete
    2. Mine have arrived! The casting is pretty good, minimal flashing and next to zero mold lines. Only issue I had was that all of the barrels were bent out of the shipping parcel, but none of them broke or show sign of wear.

      The ISAF platoon pack I pre-ordered is as stated, you can make up 3 sections of 8 men + platoon command. I'm not sure if they are looking at doing some platoon weapons dets, but that would be a good way to round out their selection.

      Otherwise, for an order that was almost purely based on patriotic support for a Canadian company / mainly just to experiment with painting camo I'm extremely pleased and can actually see myself doing a full project. (Does not help that there are a LOT of great 28mm modern figs these days)

      Delete
    3. Excellent!! I'm still waiting ... but I think they should arrive soon ... fingers crossed! :-) I think he mentioned that he is looking to expand the range now with support teams ... I hope he does.

      Delete
  3. Mine should be landing UK side in about 10 days...Look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoot! I'm still waiting for them to show up ... figured they would be here by now from Canada ... but hopefully this week.

      Delete
  4. Everything ok? Haven't seen an update in over a month. Hope all is well and I look forward to reading more of your gaming adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir ... apologies ... work/life have had me all tied up .. but getting back to it with the holidays coming up ... and the commission projects have been moving forward at least ... so I've got a few posts I've started writing up covering a few different things ... and some new terrain finds :-)

      Delete